From May 25th 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect. This policy has implications on the way we hold data relating to you, and the way in which we control and process the information.
At Redwoods Travel Ltd, we collect data on our staff, customers and those people who enquire about our services via our website or through telephone bookings.
What forms of personal data do we process
Personal data concerning our customers and employees include the following:
- Name of the person or group booking
- Contact details phone number and email address if applicable
- Address if you are not paying before the trip date and wish to be invoiced afterwards
- Identification documents and personal information of employees
What do we use this data for
- Keeping a database of our customers and their contact details helps us contact customers efficiently concerning pricing, destination queries and payment without the need to necessarily collect this information every time a customer wants to book another trip.
- The provision of education to our employees
- The management of contract of employment
- Maintaining our accounts and records
- Supporting and managing employees
Who do we share your data with
As a coach company we are regulated. Any data sharing will normally be limited to other people who will assist us with your matter or monitor our performance. These may include:
- Our regulators including the Traffic Commission
- Our Accountants and other professional advisers
- Any third party where we are required by law to disclose the information
- Anyone where disclosure is made with your consent or at your request.
- Owners of the business, management and office administrators.
- Drivers conducting trips may be given names or persons to be collected at pick up points and in some cases phone numbers with verbal/written permission sought.
How long do we retain your data
We will normally keep your data throughout the period that we do work for you or you work for us.
We have a legal responsibility to hold accounting information for the business for 7 years which includes invoices, names of persons/organisations who have booked with us.
Data is normally retained for as long as required to meet our legal obligations and our accounting requirements.
How we protect your privacy
We do not use your information for marketing purposes or share any information with third parties.
All customer records are stored in digital format and protection with secure passwords and firewalls.
Should you wish to review or update your customer details or require to have your account details deleted, please send your request to email@example.com.